Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Stager gets Staged!

If any of you have had the opportunity to view my website, you most likely have seen the before and after pictures of my home when I re-designed and faux painted.

Click Here For Tour Of Home

Having taken drab to fab, at least to my personal taste, it now came time to downsize and list the home for sale.
Knowing the difficulty of disengaging one’s self from their home, I enlisted the aid of Kimber and Lisa, two of the most talented stagers I have met and had the privilege to work with.
It was like an episode of Designed to Sell gone bad.
How many times have I watched that show only to think to myself, are they crazy? How can they expect to sell with that purple wall with red polka dots?? Little did I know that I was just like them…totally subjective.
How could they not see the appeal in my pumpkin colored walls or my deep teal faux?

I assured them I could accomplish all the daunting tasks that were scrawled on my memory list in 5 days Strip the wallpaper? No problem. De-clutter the study? I can have that done in an hour! I was actually surprised that I only had to re-paint one room, and surely I could do that in a day. Only four walls of deep teal faux to cover.

I bet you can guess what happened. When did they stop making dry strippable wallpaper? The new contest on my website is going to be “Guess how many coats of primer and paint are needed to cover dark teal faux”! And in my next clinic, I will be emphasizing the importance of taping off at the ceiling before painting.

With Murphy’s Law in full effect, the staging date was pushed back a day, and an additional room was added to the paint list. Even then, I was not prepared as I should have been. How many times has a client assured me they had completely decluttered, only to have to wade through a sea of boxes trying to shift furniture around? Being the champions that they are, Lisa and Kimber worked their magic in spite of my hypocrisy. I was totally stunned by the transformation.

Click Here For Tour Of Home

I’ll let their work speak for itself!

No comments: